Keeping your house, shed and car secure
Advice from West Yorkshire Police
The police attend the Parish Council meetings and pass on regular advice to keep your homes, property and cars secure.
Winter can often see a rise in crime due to the longer dark nights.
- Keep lights on when dark or use timer switches.
- If away, ask neighbours to close your curtains so your house looks occupied
- Don’t leave packaging outside your home which advertises new purchases (eg new TV)
- CCTV –
- keep the hard drives hidden as these will be stolen if they can be seen.
- Make sure CCTC cameras are locked in place, so they can’t be easily swivelled round
- Make sure doors and windows are locked
- Sheds – use a shed bar and coach bolt hinges
- Take additional measures if you have keyless entry e.g. crook lock
- Keep belongings out of sight
- Use a Faraday pouch if you have keyless entry fobs.