Leeds Local Plan consultation
Your neighbourhood, your city, your planet
Leeds City Council is encouraging residents and businesses to have their say on its draft Local Plan update.
What the Local Plan is
The Local Plan will focus on ways we can shape planning policy to reduce our city’s impact on the environment and help achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2030.
Have your say
They are focusing on 5 different topics to help us achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2030.
- Carbon reduction – changing the way buildings are built, and how we generate renewable energy.
- Flood risk – making our communities resilient to the impact of flooding, one of the most direct impacts of climate change that Leeds faces.
- Green infrastructure – making the most of our green spaces and natural environment, to help improve the health and well-being of our citizens.
- Place-making – guiding new development to places that offer the best opportunities for active travel and public transport, health & well-being and making the best use of communities’ assets to create ’20-minute neighbourhoods’ where people want to live, work and play.
- Sustainable infrastructure – integrating low emissions transport and improved digital connectivity, helping reduce journeys by car.
The consultation closes 13 September 2021.
Find out more about each topic and have your say by completing an online survey.
Use the link to find out more information.
The plan can be downloaded as a PDF by using the link below.